Please read this Policy carefully to understand how we treat your personal information.
1. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect personal information that you provide to us, including information you submit to us when you use the site, rent equipment, or purchase other services from us. As you navigate through and interact with the site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, online activities, and browsing actions and patterns. We may also collect personal information from third parties.
2. COOKIES AND LINKED SITE
The technologies we use for automatic data collection on the site includes cookies and web beacons. A cookie is a small text file placed on your device. A web beacon is a small electronic file (e.g., clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) with a unique identifier that is used to understand browsing activity. We use data collected through these technologies, which we may supplement with other information such as location, to help us improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
Linked Site. The site may include links to other website or content that belong to third parties. We are not responsible for personal information that you voluntarily disclose to such third parties and we are not responsible for third party website, content or services. You should review the privacy policies associated with those third parties.
3. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We may use personal information we collect to:
· Provide you with the site as well as with information, products or services that you request from us.
· Complete transactions, including your rental or purchase of products and services.
· Provide customer and account services such as notices regarding products and services or your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
· Perform our contractual obligations and enforce our contractual rights, including for billing and collection.
· Evaluate and improve our products and services, and / or develop new products or services.
We may also use your personal information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact our Privacy Officer (see Contact Us below for details on how to contact our Privacy Officer). For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
4. INFORMATION WE SHARE
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information as described in this Policy to the following:
· Our subsidiaries and affiliates.
· Contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and secure, and to use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
· Our customers in connection with services we provide to them.
· Buyers or other successors in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
We may also disclose your personal information:
· To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government, court, or regulatory request.
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Glacial Rentals, our customers or others.
· To comply with contractual obligations and other requirements to provide you with our products and services, for example, to companies that process, store, or transmit credit card information.
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
· With your consent.
5. CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
· Promotional Offers from Glacial Rentals. If you do not wish to have your personal information used by Glacial Rentals to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by contacting our Privacy Officer (see Contact Us below for details on how to contact our Privacy Officer). If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Glacial Rentals as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
· Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by contacting our Privacy Officer (see Contact Us below for details on how to contact our Privacy Officer). For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
6. PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 18
The content of the site is not targeted to or intended for persons under the age of 18. Glacial Rentals does not market products or services to this age group, and does not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the site or on or through any of its features or register on the site, make any purchases or rentals through the site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a person under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a person under 18, please contact our Privacy Officer (see Contact Us below for details on how to contact our Privacy Officer).
7. DATA SECURITY
Glacial Rentals takes reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure and keep personal information accurate and up-to-date as appropriate. We also seek to require our affiliates and service providers with whom we share personal information to exercise reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of personal information about you. For online transactions, we use reasonable technological measures to protect the personal information that you transmit to us via our site. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, Glacial Rentals cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to the Site over the Internet.
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. When we make material changes to this Policy, we will post a link to the revised Policy on the homepage of our site, and if you have registered for any of products or services or have an account with us, we may also inform you though a communications channel that you have provided. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the bottom of the page. Any changes to this Policy will become effective upon posting of the revised Policy on the Site.
How We Use Information
We use the following legal bases for the processing of your personal information:
- Compliance with a legal obligation.
- Performance of a contract or to take steps to enter into a contract with you.
- Our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention, marketing, or improvement of our products and services.
- Your consent, in certain instances.
Your personal information will not be stored for longer than necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or as required by our legal and regulatory obligations. Our retention policies reflect applicable local statute of limitation periods and legal requirements.
Your Personal Information Rights
In connection with your personal information rights, you have the following rights:
Access, Correction and Erasure Requests: You have the right to:
- ask us to confirm whether we are processing your personal information
- receive information on how your data is processed
- obtain a copy of your personal information
- request that we update or correct your personal information
- request that we delete personal information in certain circumstances
Withdrawal of Consent. Where processing your personal information is based on your consent you may withdraw this consent at any time; the withdrawal of the consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Right of Objection and Restriction. You may object on grounds relating to your particular situation to our processing of your personal information based on our legitimate business interest, including profiling, and to the sending of marketing communications. You may also request that we place restrictions on our processing of your personal data while we are processing your request or challenge pertaining to the accuracy of your personal information or the lawfulness of the processing of your personal information and our legitimate interests to process this information, or if you need the personal information for litigation purposes.
Data Portability. You may request that we provide you or a third party that you designate with certain of your personal information in a commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note, however, that data portability rights apply only to personal information that we have obtained directly from you and only where our processing is based on consent or the performance of a contract.
You may exercise these rights free of charge. However, we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to act on a request if it is manifestly unfounded or excessive, such as because of its repetitive nature. In some situations, we may refuse to act or impose limitations on your rights, as permitted by law. If you wish to exercise any of these rights or have any complaints, please contact our Privacy Officer (see Contact Us above for details on contacting our Privacy Officer). You also have the right to file a complaint with the relevant data protection authority.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly Necessary. Cookies that are necessary for the website to function and that enable you to navigate and use features. The strictly necessary cookies that we use include Google Tag Manager, session/single sign-on and user experience cookies.
- Analytics. We may use the following cookies to gather statistics in order to enhance the performance of the website: Crazy Egg, Google Analytics, Hotjar, New Relic, Pardot, and Heap.
- Advertising. We may use the following cookies to provide more relevant messaging and marketing communications to you: Bing Ads, Criteo, DoubleClick, DoubleClick Ad Exchange-Buyer, DoubleClick Floodlight, Google AdWords Conversion, LinkedIn Marketing Solutions, Marchex, Mongoose Metrics, Quantcast, and Yahoo DOT tag.
- Social Media. We may use the following cookies to facilitate the sharing or saving of content: AddToAny and Facebook Connect.
How to Exercise These Rights
You may request to exercise the foregoing rights by:
· Emailing us at email@example.com
· Calling us (844) 398-6657
Please note that we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights, as required or permitted by law. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted by law.